Sunday, December 03, 2006
Six Weird Things About Me - A MeMe
Sombra from Shadowlight has tagged me to do this Meme, fortunately it's a short one so I can fit it in very quickly. I'm not likely to be in Blogland much over the next couple of weeks because real life is just too busy. Not to mention that I am not at all amused by losing most of my previous post while trying to fix a link to be live. The posts take so long to do in the first place that it's like doing a painting then having someone scribble all over it - very frustrating! I am not a very weird person I'm afraid so I suspect this is going to be a touch boring:)
1. In a generation of working mothers I have always been a full-time housewife which most people seemed to find very weird! I'd had a well paid and interesting career in banking for 10 years before I married, but ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to be a housewife. Four months after my wedding 34 years ago I resigned and have never regretted it.
2. I actually enjoy ironing! I taught myself to iron sitting down years ago and I put an audio or music tape on and off I go. I iron everything apart from socks and towels.A rack full of freshly ironed clothes or bedlinen gives me a lot of pleasure. Told you it was going to be boring!
3. I have a good memory though not as good as Sombra's - I can run various bits of my life through my mind like a film going back to when I was in my pram. They are silent movies though - everything is purely visual.
4. I like snakes and can handle them with confidence. My best friend S had two as pets when we were teenagers and it was my job to hold them while she cleaned out their tanks. We used to go to the fields near the river catching frogs for them as well.
5. I'm not bothered by heights if there is dry land below but I am terrified of heights with water at the bottom.
6. I have eaten crocodile in South Africa and smoked a hookah in Jordan - though I've never smoked in the usual sense of the word. Both were one off experiences I hasten to add!
So there you are - I told you it would be boring:) No tagging but do it by all means if you want to.
The photograph at the top is daybreak and at the bottom I caught the moon rising when I was in the woods at dusk waiting for the rooks to come in. It's impossible to photograph them without proper equipment though so it's another of my memory films.
I keep meaning to say in one of my posts that my erratic commenting on those blogs I'm a regular on is Blogger, not me that can't be bothered. I'm commenting as and when Blogger will allow me to, so if I don't comment that's why:)