Saturday, July 28, 2007
Seven Random Facts
African Sunrise - White River, Mpumalanga
This is just a fill in post while I wait for inspiration to strike. Patty from Morning Ramble tagged me ages ago to post seven random facts about myself so here they are. Incidentally White River is where my son and daughter-in-law lived for 3 years. The photo is there simply because I love it, it's about the best I've ever taken.
1. I've visited Dracula's castle in Transylvania. It's called Bran Castle and it's a lovely place perched on top of a hill just like a castle in a fairytale. In spite of its reputation it has no unpleasant atmosphere at all - quite the reverse in fact.
2. I love Reeses chocolate peanut butter cups and saltwater taffy.
3. My favourite wild animal is the wolf. In spite of all the bad press they undeservedly get I have always felt a strong attraction to them. I sponsor one called Madadh at a sanctuary in Herefordshire, I've visited her and her companions and been up close to them.They aren't tame but one or two of them are sufficiently socialized with humans to be strokable. It was a wonderful experience to do that. I've also been wolf watching in Romania though we got much closer to bears than wolves there.
4. I can't stand salad cream or mayonnaise so this is an image of saltwater taffy instead:)
5. I'm really scared of lightning, I came close to being struck a few years ago and have never quite got over it. Thunder doesn't bother me at all though. The image is not mine - I wish it was.
6. I am a really bad sailor! Lord Nelson of the Battle of Trafalgar fame was too, so at least I'm in good company.
7. I was in Kruger National Park when a really large herd of elephants with lots of babies crossed right in front of our car. I raised my lovely new digital camera to take photographs and got the message 'Battery Empty' - and I didn't know enough then to carry spares! So those pictures are all in my mind but not anywhere else unfortunately. The buffalo is pretty good though isn't he?
I've been having problems with my computer this week, it keeps having periods of erasing everything I write so if there are no posts or I'm not commenting or answering e-mails that will be the reason why.