Therefore all seasons shall be sweet to thee,
Whether summer clothe the general earth
With greeness, or the redbreast sit and sing
Betwixt the tufts of snow on the bare branch
Of mossy apple-tree, while the nigh thatch
Smokes in the sun-thaw; whether the eave-drops fall
Heard only in the trances of the blast,
Or if the secret ministry of frost
Shall hang them up in silent icicles,
Quietly shining to the quiet Moon.



Monday, September 21, 2009

Derrick's MeMe - Not My Best Shot!



Derrick of Melrose Musings has organized a MeMe for today where we post photos that don't show our talents as photographers at their best. I have absolutely no trouble finding pictures that fit this category:) Above is a recent attempt to photograph my grandson George. The lesson here is always use the Sport setting when small children are involved!



Supposedly an artistic shot of the moon still visible in the morning sky - back to the drawing board I think....



I definitely need a spot more practice with the macro setting on my Canon - I've yet to take a decent close-up with it. I don't think Lord Snowden needs to start worrying just yet.....

This will be my last post for a while as I leave for the USA in the morning - well just London tomorrow actually. I'll be flying to Boston Tuesday afternoon, I gather the weather is OK there so I've packed shorts and t-shirts in hopes that we'll be spending some time at the beach. I'm hoping to catch the Fall colours this time too,this will be the fourth time I've tried but ever the optimist:) See you in October.

19 comments:

Janet said...

I could fill my blog with bad photographs!

I hope you have a great time here in the US....and I hope this is the time you get to see the fall colors.

Have a fun and safe trip.

Gracie said...

Have a nice trip Rowan, and take lots of pics to show us!
Gracie at http://mylittleplace.blog.com

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip - I used to live in Boston, and it's a lovely city to visit.

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage Rowan.

Wanda..... said...

Your photos are like some of mine...will miss your posts while you are away...enjoy your trip here Rowan!

PAT said...

Great post, Rowan!

Happy travels! I'm looking forward to photos and stories!

Unknown said...

Thanks for being a sport Rowan! I never would have thought of the sport setting for capturing active toddlers! Your moon is still OK; pity it never looks big enough in photographs unless doctored. I think macro works best with a 'solid' object, such as a full flower head rather than your wispy one.

Have a great time across the pond. I've always wanted to see the Fall colours myself. Fingers crossed.

Morning's Minion said...

Being familiar with the changes of New England weather I hope you are packing warm fleece, wooly socks and a versatile jacket! Hopefully it won't rain the whole time you are there and the fall "colors" will be lovely. Have a safe trip!

Bovey Belle said...

Safe Journey. A letter will be waiting for you on your return, promise!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Have a great time - and take lots of pictures.

Thimbleanna said...

Have a wonderful trip Rowan! And good luck with the colors -- I'll be anxious to hear all about your trip when you return!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time in Boston. I love your picture of the moon. Grandchildren are way too quick to capture with mere film. Thank you for this beautiful post. You should be perfect for fall leaves in Boston.

Hollace said...

Are you going to Rye this trip? I am so jealous! The late September trip we had in Maine and Nova Scotia was the best ever! That was when we happened on Rye, just before flying home, sadly.

Elizabeth Rhiannon said...

OH! I suppose I'm too late to say 'safe travels!'...I hope you have a wonderful trip. I'm sure MA. won't have the heat we are expecting here on our first week of fall! Hope you're able to catch some fall color and post pics on your return :) Have a great time!
~ER~

Pomona said...

Have a good time!

Pomona x

Julie said...

You'll probably not read this until you are back (unless you are a bring-along-the-laptop-and-post-daily-blogger (they do exist). Anyway, I want to wish you the very best visit to the good ol' USA! I suppose you'll never get to my corner of America.

Ruthie Redden said...

have a wonderful trip! bring back lots of lovely images to share x x

Mary said...

Rowan, sorry, I'm too late to wish you Bon Voyage, but I'm hoping so much that you are enjoying Boston and the New England Autumn. I loved living up there for several years - could easily move back, perhaps to the Maine coast where Winter is not as snowy!

Have a fun visit.

Sheila said...

Hi Rowan, I keep popping back to see if you have posted about your trip.
As for the photos, thank goodness for digital, no paying for dud prints, just click and delete..!
I often discard more than I keep..!